Wednesday, June 29, 2011

You down with J.P.C ?

Before I begin, I must give credit where credit is due. I was inspired to do this quick entry by a coworker in a nearby department. For quite some time now, whenever I ask him how he's doing, he replies "J*dido pero contento" with a smile. We even abbreviated it to "J.P.C"... and we agreed that it would be a great song (I hope he does it). Although difficult to make an exact translation, J.P.C. can mean "beat-up, but happy". Those of us who know South American Spanish know the "J-Word". I hope I am not offending anyone, but since it is such a colorful language - it really is great to use on the dull canvas of everyday "bla bla bla". =)
I digress.
I believe this gentleman is the perfect example of what being Proactive is all about. (Habit#1 of Highly Effective People). Why? Take a quick look at my post on being "Proactive" and soak in what you can.  Not only is my peer usually in a good mood, he smiles despite the problems we all face in the daily grind. I told him before about the 7 Habits, and that he practices #1 very well. Not sure if he believes me.
So - What is the most proactive thing you can do? Smile. Yep, it's that simple.
Remember:
"Proactive people carry their own weather with them-whether it rains or shines makes no difference to them. Their honor is greater than their moods."
To say you are happy, and show it - despite hardships is a choice we all can make.
I know sometimes it can be easier said than done. However, for the next few weeks, make the conscience effort to smile. Even if all seems "lost". Even if your response to someone's "How are you?" is: "I'm beat-up, but happy". Try it. Not only will you feel better - I believe it is infectious... Good-moods beget good-moods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment