Wednesday, September 29, 2010

1903 Success "How-To's" Still Alive and Kickin'

This is a great post:
How To Succeed In Life - Todd Duncan
Read this post all the way through - you will be surprised how much a lot of it still applies today. I know, the 1st and 2nd probably doesn't fly with a lot of us. However, if you are going to be hard-core and ready to embrace self-leadership (self-discipline) in business, you have to start at the core: Which is you. Your mind/body and health as a whole. I guess there could be a 2.5 addendum on exercise and eating right, but back in 1903, the whole "muscle-building carb-counting" thing wan't in the scene yet.
I absolutely agree with the ending: "Wealth Building". This is why I am not a lemming when it comes to self-help gurus of our time. It would seem that their teachings revolve around the illusion of making you wealthy, while they are the ones achieving wealth at our expense. I hardly ever hear any of them preaching on helping others and continue to better yourself for the good of others (what a concept). However, I wouldn't mind a cool $M. Retire at 35... cool. Oh wait, that was last year. D'oh! (Can I retire with $1M?) Maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment